Sunday, May 22, 2011

The two on a bi-plane graduate

Two of my children are graduating soon.

My oldest is graduating from college.
I remember bathing her in the bathroom sink of our loft on 18th street.
I remember when she had bangs and an eye patch.
I remember her bunny Rosie, who was pink
And her bunny Daily, who was real and lived a long, long time.
I remember when she went away to prep-school.
And travelled to Greece.
And when she went away to college.
And took a road trip across country with her boyfriend.
And I am so impressed with who she is, I can hardly say.

My youngest is graduating from highschool.
And I remember pouring a trash-can full of water on him so he'd stop screaming while I washed his hair.
And I remember the bub-lights, and leprachan traps.
And I remember leggo contests and the taste of victory.
And when he went to Paris and directed the cab driver to the guitar store,
And when he went to Greece.
And when he went to prep school and made the friends of a life time.
And I am so impressed with who he is, I can hardly say.

No comments:

Post a Comment