Friday, March 4, 2011

Tonight I climbed the stairs to Peggy Spina's loft again


Twenty something years ago in New York, once a week, we would climb the 32 step flight up to Peggy Spina's loft.  Peggy is a choreographer and dancer, tap dancer.  My wife agreed to teach singing to Peggy's daughter in exchange  for tap-dancing lessons weekly tap dancing lessons. For her and for me.  I refused to buy tap dancing shoes so I put taps on an old pair of oxfords, pinpoints and all.  I would come from work, suit and tie, and change in to blue-jeans and recycled tap-shoes and we would attempt to teach me to tap.  My wife progressed quickly.  I did not. Tonight, Peggy had a reunion concert.  A jazz quartet played fantastically while Peggy's dancers put on an amazing show.  So tonight, again, I climbed the 32 stairs. And it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment