Friday, February 25, 2011

The car gets towed, first 3 miles free, $4 a mile thereafter

So, I got to the railroad station at South Norwalk and went to my beloved old car that has 124,000 miles and it wouldn't start.  Now this happened a few weeks ago, and I called the AAA and they came and jumped the car.  So I called the AAA again and they came in 5 minutes with an enormous truck.  And the guy couldn't get the car jumped.  When beloved old car batteries go, they really go. Apparently.  So he loaded my car on his truck. And I took it's picture.  And now it has a new battery. And is home.  But the children are not.

2 comments:

  1. the last couple sentences of this post form a haiku. just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 124k miles, huh? It's a wonder how the battery of your car lasted that long without being recharged or replaced. Mr. Barton, you've got a trusty old car right there, and I am sure you take good care of it. I do a routine car inspection every 2 months.

    Isabella Pospisil

    ReplyDelete